"Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan" constituted under Section 18 of the Principal Act having jurisdiction throughout the state of Uttarakhand by amalgamation of "Garhwal Jal Sansthan" and "Kumaun Jal Sansthan" on 26th August 2002. It Extends to the whole of Uttarakhand excluding cantonment areas.
The secretary of Pey Jal Vibhag is the chairman of Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan.
Members other the Chairman shall be as follows :-
- (1) Chief General Manager
- (2) Secretary to the State Government in the Finance Department
- (3) Secretary to the State Government Department of Planning
- (4) Secretary to the State Government Department of Urban Developement
- (5) Director General Medical and Health Services, Uttarakhand Government
- (6) Director Finance
- (7) Four elected Heads of Local Bodies including one Nagar Nigam to be nominated by the State Government
- (8) Managing Director of Uttarakhand Pey Jal Nigam
Functions of Jal Sansthan:-
- (1) To plan, promote and execute schemes and operate an efficient system of water supply.
- (2) Where feasible, to plan, promote and execute schemes and operate, sewerage, sewage, treatment and disposal and treatment of trade effluents.
- (3) To manage all its affairs so as to provide the people of the area within its jurisdiction with wholesome water where feasible, efficient sewerage service.
- (4) To take such measure, as may be necessary, to ensure water supply in times of any emergency.
- (5) Such other functions as may be ensured to it by the State Government by notification in the Gazette.